Midwives4all Prize 2016: Extended Deadline!
ICM and Swedish Ministry of Foreign Affairs Midwives4all Prize – Call for nominations.
Midwives give women and new-born the care they need in the fragile time leading up and following child birth. Help us in increasing the visibility of their good work in saving the lives of mothers, new born and families by submitting nominations for this award.
About the award
Now on its second year, Midwives4All is an initiative of the Swedish MFA to spread knowledge about the benefits of midwives and evidence-based midwifery. The first winner was from Uganda, who was honoured for her excellence in midwifery and her leadership in saving lives in her country.
The Midwives4all Prize, a certificate of recognition, is awarded to an exceptional midwife who has demonstrated her/his achievements as a change-agent in the midwifery profession through education, provision of services, regulation, research, midwifery association development, and/or advocacy in his/her country.
Criteria for nomination
- Must be a midwife actively working in the public or non-profit health sector in clinical work, education, association, regulation, research, advocacy, or outreach;
- Be a positive role model—dynamic, motivated, passionate and an agent for change;
- Promote and participate in building a positive work environment, staff growth, mentorship, learning and development, if applicable; and
- Her or his story should illustrate the challenges faced in their daily work and how these challenges have been overcome
Nigeria, Ethiopia, Columbia, Romania, Tanzania, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Zimbabwe, Indonesia, Afghanistan, Uganda, Angola, Zambia, Mexico, Belarus, Kosovo, Macedonia, Kenya and Albania
Terms and conditions
- Provide quotes and be available for interview by ICM and the media on his/her experiences, including a short (max 300 words) account of why he/she is a midwife;
- Acknowledge ICM in any professional activities, publications, and presentations that directly result from the award.
Completed Nominations must include the following:
- This nomination form.
- A current CV or Resume
- A current Photo of the Nominee
- Two letters of Support or References for the nominated midwife
13 April, 2016
How to apply
Click on this link to access the nomination form and submit it to the below address
Fax: +31 70 355 5651
International Confederation of Midwives
Laan van Meerdervoort 70
2517AN The Hague