Award for a midwife who has demonstrated leadership and vision
The Dorothea Lang Leadership Award will recognize an exceptional midwife who has demonstrated leadership and vision during the course of their work.
The nominees must comply with the following essential criteria:
- Must be a professional midwife with at least 5 years of experience.
- Must be a member of an ICM member association unless no member association exists in her/his country.
- Must be a resident of a low resource nation where s/he practices midwifery.
- Must show demonstrated visionary and/or leadership in education, regulation, research and/or in the professional association for midwives
- Must demonstrate their role or potential as a change agent in their own country, region or internationally with the aim of improved care for women and their newborn.
The Recipient of the award must agree to the following terms:
- Write a report based on what they have experienced/learned at ICM’s Council and Triennial Congress.
- Write a 200 word report detailing how the award money was used. The recipient agrees to have this published on the ICM website
- Acknowledge ICM in any professional activities, publications, and presentations that directly result from the award.
Please submit nominations to the ICM Headquarters by the 15th of April 2014.
You can find the nomination form here