In June 2021 the ICM Council decided to establish an Independent Election Committee that will support the Council in the election of new Board Members. The ICM Board has agreed to work with a governance expert (external consultant) to develop the Terms of Reference for this committee. The final Terms of Reference will be presented to the ICM Council for approval in June 2022. To ensure a diverse and thorough review of the Terms of Reference, the ICM Board invites midwives from ICM’s Member Associations to be part of the Reference Group that will review the Election Committee Terms of Reference as these are drafted.
Membership and Scope of Work
The Reference Group will consist of six midwives, one from each of ICM’s regions. The ICM Board wishes to see a diverse group reflecting ICM’s diverse membership. The work is expected to take 2-8 hours in total and includes a review of the draft documents prepared by the governance expert in two rounds and might also include participating in one or two meetings with the whole group. The work language will be English. Group members are expected to be available during January-February 2022 and must keep all discussions and content confidential. Participating as a member of the Reference Group will NOT create any ineligibility for any members who later apply to be part of the Independent Election Committee or to stand for election as a Board Member.
- • Member of a Midwives’ Association that is an ICM member.
- • Has significant knowledge, skills and experience in governance.
- • Is fluent in speaking, reading and writing English and able to participate in a consultation process that will use English for communication.
- • Is available to participate as required during January and February 2022
- • Is able to commit to the time required (2 – 8 hours)
- • Has demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the concepts of Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion and their implementation within ICM