Vacancy at the ICM: French Speaking Technical Midwife Adviser (full-time)
Join the ICM Team!
French Speaking Technical Midwife Adviser (full-time)
Objectives of the project are
- To strengthen midwifery education programmes in 22 African French Speaking countries
- To build the capacity of midwifery educators in Competency Based Education (CBE) methodologies and approaches and support faculty development.
- To upgrade the education institutions (teaching learning resources, libraries, clinical laboratories and some infrastructure etc.) to meet the demands of a competency based curriculum
- To enhance the capacity of the clinical settings to support midwifery education
- To initiate the development of an accreditation and endorsement system for midwifery education programmes
- To improve and harmonize midwifery education in this region using the ICM global standards, competencies and tools.
- Create a repository of knowledge created and gathered throughout the course of the project
To facilitate this work, ICM is recruiting a highly motivated, self-driven and experienced French Speaking Technical Midwife Advisor to join the team at its headquarters in The Hague, The Netherlands.
The primary responsibilities of the Technical Midwife Adviser will be to take responsibility for the project funded by Sanofi Espoir Foundation. This includes providing technical support and coordinating the different aspects of the project. The Technical Midwife Advisor will contribute to the capacity building of Member Associations and advocacy in addition to contributing to ICM’s other projects and activities at headquarters.
Description of duties
Under the guidance of the Senior Midwifery Adviser, the primary responsibility of the Technical Midwife Advisor will be coordination of the day to-day operational aspects of the Strengthening Midwifery Education in French Speaking Africa, ensuring efficient execution of project work plans, producing project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
The TMA will
- Work closely with the Senior Midwifery Advisor to put in place mechanisms including administrative systems for implementing the project and maintain an overview of the project activities.
- Track the progress of the project outlining all project developments and deliverables, providing performance management that ensures agreed key outcomes are delivered effectively and efficiently
- Develop project plans, monitoring and evaluation tools and associated communication documents
- Take the lead in the implementation processes including creation of task forces and working groups for different aspects of the project
- Submit reports to the Chief Executive as well as Sanofi Espoir Foundation in a timely manner.
Education and experience
- Must be a midwife
- Master’s degree preferred with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in midwifery education. Being a midwifery educator will be an advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in leading and managing projects
- Knowledge and experience of education programmes and methodologies
- Ability to communicate effectively in a multi-cultural environment, among partners and colleagues and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent command of French and English both verbal and written. Knowledge of Spanish is an asset.
- Excellent computer skills and advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to integrate well in a busy, friendly multi-cultural environment.
ICM Headquarters, The Hague, the Netherlands. Duties will include up to 40% international and regional travel.
Initial one-year contract, with possibility of extension based upon satisfactory performance review and funding availability.
Full time (37.5 hours/week) Salary range will be revealed to short listed candidates.
Closing date for applications: June 30th 2015 (Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.)
Interviews are scheduled to take place the week beginning 13 July 2015. Interviews will be conducted in English.