ICM envisions a world where every childbearing woman has access to a midwife’s care for herself and her newborn.
To strengthen midwives’ associations and to advance the profession of midwifery globally by promoting autonomous midwives as the most appropriate caregivers for childbearing women and in keeping birth normal, in order to enhance the reproductive health of women, and the health of their newborn and their families.
Purpose and Scope of Midwife Advisor positions
Midwife Advisors are central to the work of ICM as they are the midwifery technical experts that work with the ICM Head Office. Their role encompasses:
- Providing midwifery leadership and technical advice (internally and externally);
- supporting advocacy and communications through ensuring that key messages reflect most
- recent and robust midwifery evidence;
- managing development, reviewing and updating of ICM core documents including standards
- and position statements;
- representing ICM at various fora to ensure that the views and interests of midwives and ICM
- are represented; supporting midwife volunteers who may represent ICM from time to time;
- supporting ICM Board Members with representation and liaising with member associations;
- contributing midwifery technical expertise to ICM-managed projects or where ICM provides
- technical expertise through consultancies;
- liaising with and supporting capacity-building of member associations;
- supporting the development, dissemination and implementation of ICM’s professional
- framework at country, regional and global levels, including developing resources and
- approaches to support implementation; and
- supporting the strengthening of ICM’s regions and the development of midwifery globally.
ICM is currently seeking
- two full time midwife advisors (40 h per week)
- one half time midwife advisor (20 h per week)
Final deadline for applications is 29 February 2024. This position will be evaluated on a rolling basis hence applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
The first round of interviews is anticipated to take place in March 2024 and the recruitment process for selected candidates will include written tests/assignments, oral presentation and additional interview(s).