The International Confederation of Midwives (ICM) supports, represents and works to strengthen professional associations of midwives throughout the world. There are currently 139 Member Associations (MAs), representing 119 countries and over 1 million midwives globally. ICM has its Head Office in the Netherlands.
With a unique and vital role as the only organisation specifically focused on supporting associations of midwives and their midwife members around the world, ICM is an expert in creating, advising, influencing, and enabling the profession of midwifery globally. ICM also adds value to the broader global landscape by contributing to improving sexual, reproductive, maternal, and child health, gender equality, and equal access to quality health care for women and communities.
Scope of work
ICM is seeking support to develop governance resources to support our global base of midwives’ associations in strengthening their governance.
Activities and Deliverables
The Governance Consultant will work closely with the Governance and Regional Senior Coordinator to:
- Develop a Governance support needs assessment tool for ICM Member Associations.
- Revise and develop guidance documents, including handbooks, templates, and best practice guides to support midwives’ associations’ governance practices.
- Develop workshop outlines for online and in person workshops to address and identify the needs of midwives’ associations in strengthening their governance.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed proposal outlining the following:
- Background and experience in providing governance consulting, particularly within a global context.
- Client references and success stories
- In-depth knowledge of governance structures for not for profit organisations, with a particular focus on associations in diverse global and legal settings.
- Ability to tailor solutions to meet the diverse needs of our global membership base.
- Experience in working with multicultural, multi-lingual, and diverse organisations with diverse governance structures.
- Track record of similar assignments
- Fluent in English
3. Service Offering
- Work plan for deliverables
- Consultant CV
- Detailed cost breakdown in EUR
Your entire proposal including all supporting documentation, which should be no longer than eight A4 pages in length, should be emailed as a single document, to email@example.com no later than Monday 4 March 2024.
Please place the title “Governance Consultancy RfP” in the subject line of your email submission.