The YML programme is a 2-year programme created by ICM with the support from Johnson & Johnson Foundation. The program provides selected young midwives with a unique opportunity to learn how to develop as leaders in their professional lives and the communities they work in. The programme challenges young midwives to broaden their knowledge of key policy areas in maternal and newborn health and create innovative projects to address some of the biggest global health challenges of today.
The YML programme consists of:
- Online, interactive learning on leadership, and the role and function of International Confederation of Midwives
- A combination of group and individual projects
- Attendance the ICM regional conference (2019) and Congress (2020)
- ICM will support a chosen mentor for each YML to develop their mentoring skills
- Development of a community of practice for young midwives globally
The programme aims to identify young midwives with the potential to become leaders within their national midwifery communities and to build their capacity to become the global and regional midwifery leaders of tomorrow.
2019 YML Team