- 06 Feb , 2020 ICM
- No translations available
Job positions at Jhpiego
International Midwifery Educator
Location: Wardha, Maharashtra, India
Jhpiego is a non-profit global health leader and Johns Hopkins University affiliate that is saving lives, improving health and transforming futures. We collaborate with governments, health experts and local communities to build the skills and systems that guarantee a healthier future for women and families. Jhpiego translates the best science and practice into moments of care that can mean the difference between life and death for women and families. The moment a woman gives birth; the moment a midwife helps a newborn to breathe. Through our partnerships, we are revolutionizing access to high quality health care for the world’s most disadvantaged and vulnerable people.
In India, Jhpiego works across various states in close collaboration with national and state governments, providing technical assistance in the areas of health workforce development, family planning, maternal and child health, strengthening human resources for health, and non-communicable diseases. These programs are funded by USAID, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), David & Lucile Packard Foundation, Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF), MSD for Mothers and others.
Jhpiego is hiring for the position of International Midwifery Educator for the Nursing Midwifery Training Institute (NMTI) based at Wardha, Maharashtra, India for its BMGF funded project “Facilitating and providing technical assistance in establishing ‘Nurse Practitioners in Midwifery’ and ‘Midwifery-led Care Units’ (MLCU) to transform maternal and neonatal health care in India”. The position will work closely with the Nursing Institute, National Midwifery Educators, and Jhpiego to prepare Master’s Degree Education Nurses as midwifery educators.
This is will be an 18 months fixed term contract.
• Support implementation of midwifery educators training on par with international Confederation of Midwives (ICM) standards
• Demonstrate evidence-based practices and values needed to change historical practices
• Serve as role model for best practices in midwifery and woman-centered care
• Support in establishment of MLCU
Coaching and Preceptorship
• Oversee the training of midwifery educator trainees
• Plan and facilitate continuing midwifery education sessions
• Prepare clinical sites and plan clinical rotation for the trainees
• Assess and enable innovative teaching methods enabling teaching skills of the trainees
• Conduct audits and maintain academic documentation and clinical records
• Promote best practices in clinical education and comprehension of critical milestones
• Help with the appraisal of trainees
• Conduct clinical reviews and reflections
• Guide trainees through research & use of evidence-based guidelines.
• Proficient in English
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Comfortable with competency-based education techniques (strategies?) and promoting student centered learning using a variety teaching methods
• Ability to multitask and work in multi-cultural environment
• Willingness to travel to training sites across India
• Proficiency in computers - Microsoft Office.
Qualifications/Knowledge and Experience:
• Degree in midwifery from an accredited/recognized institute
• Registration as midwife in home country
• Experience as an academic and/or clinical midwifery educator
• Minimum three years post registration clinical experience in recent years
• International work experience as midwife or midwife educator is desired
• Prior experience in teaching and training would be an added advantage.
• Physically fit to travel and work in India
• Passionate to address global inequity in maternal and child health
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer and offers highly dynamic and enabling work environment. Jhpiego provides competitive compensation based on experience and background. Interested candidates should submit their application with a covering note clearly stating the position to email@example.com
Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will receive a response from Jhpiego HR.