- 14 Sep , 2022 Bruna Bimbato
- No translations available
Request for Proposal: HR Advisory Services
SPECIFICATION OF REQUIREMENTS
The International Confederation of Midwives (ICM) wishes to appoint an HR Advisor (individual or organisation) to provide day to day operational HR support, although we are looking for an Advisor who can also provide strategic input on longer term plans to recruit, retain, motivate and develop people to ensure the sustainability of ICM. The HR Advisor will from time to time brief the Leadership Team on good employment practice as well as Dutch employment law and regulation. The workload for HR Advisory varies from week to week, it can be up to eight hours at a maximum (currently).
Deadline for Submission: please submit your proposal outlining your approach, experience providing similar advisory services, availability, and fees (i.e., hourly/day rate) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 18.00 CEST on Wednesday 28th September 2022.
Duration of the assignment: ICM expects that the assignment will be for six months starting on 1st October 2022, with potential for an extension, depending on ICM’s ongoing requirements.
Location: Remote with occasional travel to the ICM Head office for meetings. Interactions with ICM staff and other relevant stakeholders are expected to take place virtually. To be considered eligible for this assignment the organisation or individual must be based in the Netherlands.
About ICM: ICM is an accredited non-governmental organisation that supports, represents, and works to strengthen professional associations of midwives throughout the world to achieve common goals in the care of mothers and their newborns. ICM’s day-to-day work is undertaken by a globally dispersed team (currently 27 staff members) based in the Netherlands, Brazil, Canada, Croatia, Ireland, Malawi, Sweden, Uganda, UK, USA, and Zambia.
Scope of Work
The HR Advisor will be expected to:
- Provide day to day HR support to ICM
- Run the recruitment process including CV review, interview scheduling and management, onboarding
- Update the HR system as required including ongoing data management
- Review and report on leave entitlement and usage
- Organise the onboarding and induction process for new joiners
- Manage the offboarding process
- Highlight upcoming contract renewals and manage in conjunction with line managers
- Handle administrative tasks such as letters or contracts
- Report staff sickness to the company doctor and UWV if required
- Work with the Head of Organisational Projects to develop, review and finalise HR policies and processes
- In-depth knowledge of Dutch employment law and regulations
- Excellent generalist HR experience
- A good understanding of Employee Relations
- At least five years' experience of HR policy and practice in the Netherlands
- Experienced in recruitment
- Knowledge of how NGOs operate with regards to staffing, specifically with a combination of employees, EU employees and international contractors
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstratable commitment to equality and diversity issues in both service provision and employment practices
- Experience of working with multicultural, multi-lingual and diverse organisations
- Fluent in English with very good Dutch
- Able to work for up to eight hours per week for ICM
How to apply
Your entire proposal including all supporting documentation (e.g., CV), which should be no longer than eight A4 pages in length, should be emailed as a single document, to email@example.com no later than 18.00 CEST on Wednesday 28th September 2022. Please place the title “HR Advisory Services RFP” in the subject line of your email submission.