Midwifery DVDs and Videos
See ICM You Tube Channel World Midwives where we feature ICM and Partners video streams.
See DVD: Midwives work
- World Prematurity Day: Interview with Save the Children's Joy Lawn, published Nov 12, 2012
Preterm birth is the leading cause of newborn deaths, and now the second leading cause of death after pneumonia in children under the age of 5. On November 17, 2012 global partners, nations, parent organizations and advocates worldwide will mark the second annual World Prematurity Day, continuing momentum for the Born Too Soon movement that will ensure life-saving solutions are put into action.
- AMREF midwife to be nominated for Nobel Peace Prize in 2015, published May 9, 2012
- Keeping Promises Measuring Results, published Sep 24, 2012
- 9 Months to Save the World: Mother Key to Sustainable Development, published Aug 4, 2012
ICM President Frances Day-Stirk had a strong message of hope and urgency on behalf of midwives around the world at a seminar hosted by ICM (International Confederation of Midwives) and FEFAF (Federation European des Femmes au Foyer, at the Rio+20 Conference in June.
- FIGO/SafeHands' FGM film wins major film festival award
- Midwives Saving Lives in Haiti
- BBC Fight for Life Series of videos chronicles the difficulties experienced in the lives of women giving birth in developing countries and illustrates best practices that can help reduce the high rates of maternal and infant mortality.
- WHO Video: Health professions' role in Primary Health Care, featuring nurses and midwives - now more than ever for a healthy world!
- CNN Video: Afghan Midwives step up to save lives
- UNICEF: SOWC: Midwife training in Afghanistan
A film by UNFPA and ICM
A film by Wawatay Native Communications Society
A film by WSLineberger