New ICM Regional Groupings
The ICM Council has approved the adoption of a new ICM regional grouping as per the World Health Organization's regional grouping.
The ICM Member Countries (Member Associations) will now be grouped geographically in six regions and 10 subregions:-
1. Africa (Anglophone and Francophone)
2. Americas (North America & Carribean and Latin America)
3. Europe (Northern, Central and Southern)
4. Western Pacific (Western Pacific)
5. Eastern Mediterranean ( Eastern Mediterranean)
6. South-East Asia (South-East Asia)
For a more elaborative distribution and to see which board member will represent what region click HERE
ICM welcomes new members
The incoming Board has approved two members to full membership during their first official Board Meeting in October.
The two members are:
1. The Czech Union of Midwives (UNIPA) from Czech Republic
2. Société Congolaise se la Pratique-Sage-Femme (SCOSAF) from Democratic Republic of Congo
With the two new members this brings to a total of 132 members in 113 countries.