Now Recruiting: White Ribbon Alliance
Position: Advisor, Maternal and Newborn Health Policy & Advocacy
Location: White Ribbon Alliance, Global Secretariat, Washington DC
The White Ribbon Alliance is a global advocacy organization working towards a vision where the right of all women to be safe and healthy before, during and childbirth is upheld. We are seeking a dynamic new addition to our team to further progress on achieving respectful and quality maternal care.
Position summary: This role will lead on the design and implementation of programs on key thematic areas in WRA’s portfolio, which works to achieve the goals of the Ending Preventable Maternal Mortality Strategy, including respectful maternity care and the promotion of midwifery. The role is externally facing and leads the coordination of a wide range of stakeholders and partners.
Responsibilities specific to this role:
• Design and implement annual, and multi-year, plans to deliver progress on key thematic areas of focus for WRA
• Coordinate the Global Respectful Maternity Care Council and co-chair related subcommittees
• Be the core liaison across the WRA team and partners, at global and national levels
• Serve as activity manager, including budget oversight, for USAID core funded activities under the Health Policy+ project
• Lead on monitoring and evaluation of the effectiveness of Health Policy+ project activities
• Serve as focal point for this issue, ensuring that appropriate updates are provided for internal and external communication needs
• Provide strategic and operational support to National Alliances in the planning and delivery of their campaigns in key thematic areas
• Facilitate effective learning and cross-sharing between NAs Additional responsibilities:
• Perform other duties as required • Travel up to 25% of the time Skills and experiences:
• Established within the sector as leader within reproductive and/or maternal health and rights
• Experience working effectively across advocacy, program implementation, and research
• Track record of successfully working with USAID funded programs and/or consortium projects
• Strong facilitation skills, ideally from a range of international contexts
• Demonstrable skill and experience in successful advocacy strategy development and implementation
• Experience working in or collaboratively with colleagues from low and middle income countries
• Proficiency in a second language (desirable) Behavioural competencies – how we work:
• Commitment to WRA’s mission, vision, values and theory of change.
• Self-development – is committed to, and actively works to continuously improve him/herself.
• Interpersonal savvy – relates well to all kinds of people, with the ability to inspire confidence in others and works with strong sense of personal credibility, professionalism and integrity.
• Priority setting and tenacity – spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important, remaining focused on executing the organization’s objectives and strategies.
• Administratively self-servicing and IT literate.
• Openness to change and flexibility – exhibits a readiness to deal with changing organizational demands and external context.
• Organizing – can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done.
Equal Employment Statement
White Ribbon Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender status, marital status, pregnancy, age, disability, or covered veteran’s status consistent with applicant federal and state laws. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
How to Apply: Submit cover letter and CV to White Ribbon Alliance to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subline line: Advisor, Maternal and Newborn Health. No phone calls please. Principals only.
Applications close January 8, 2016.