ICM Vacancy: Communications Officer
The International Confederation of Midwives (ICM), the world's largest organisation for midwives, is the voice of more than 400,000 midwives worldwide. Through its 120 member associations, ICM helps to ensure access to quality midwifery care before, during and after childbirth. ICM also supports these associations with the tools necessary to be effective. To accomplish our work, we collaborate with leading international health and development agencies and organisations and implement projects together with UN Agencies, governments, health care profession organizations, civil society, foundations and INGOs.
ICM is now seeking a skilled and highly motivated Communications Officer to join its team.
The Officer’s primary responsibilities include:
- - Update and implementation of the communications strategy.
- - Coordinate the development and roll out of organizational social media strategies
- - Create social media content and supporting the design of visual material
- - Act as the first point of contact for ICM on all media related enquiries and be responsible for the daily operational management of ICM news media relations.
- - Coordinate development, branding and production of ICM’s in-house publications.
- - Support and advise on development of an annual events/ communications calendar and events as appropriate.
- - Project management of various campaigns
- - Oversee and manage the ICM information technology capacity, including website and other electronic communications, such as social media networks.
- - Commitment to ICM’s mission
- - Educated to Bachelor degree level
- - Minimum 5 years of creative communication or advertising sector experience
- - Strong communication and creative writing skillsGood understanding of social media communication and campaigning
- - Development and public health sector knowledge
- - Project management experience
- - Excellent oral and written English language skills (fluency in French and/or Spanish is an asset)
- - Ability to create trusting relations with diverse partners
- - Cultural understanding and sensitivity
- - Willingness and ability to travel internationally (limited travel is involved)
- - Ability to work flexibly, including working outside ‘normal’ office hours
The position is based in The Hague, Netherlands.
Interested individuals should send a cover letter and curriculum vitae to Donnica Henry Frijlink, Council Administrator, by 28 August 2015 at email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will receive a response to their applications.